Wednesday, August 1, 2012

August 2012


 1st August 2012
0630hrs  -- Junior vomitted.  I think it was because of the half teaspoon of Jacob Hooy flaxseed oil that I gave the previous day.

0900 hrs - 3 capsules
1200 hrs - 4 capsules
1730 hrs - 4 capsules
2100 hrs - 2 capsules

Whole day was slightly more than 1 and half teaspoons of Flaxseed oil and kwark.
We went to the garden for about 2 hours.  Junior enjoyed himself.
Came home and Junior was tired the whole day.  He pooped good the whole day. 

2 August
0730 hrs - Woke up, J and I.
0800 hrs - gave 3 capsules of oil with kwark.
0900 hrs - Junior pooped good (hard).
1000 hrs - Junior ate cooked meat and vege.
1400 hrs - 4 caps
1430 hrs - 4 small piece meat and cauliflower


Looks like Junior feels a bit tired this morning.  We prayed over him and Our Lord will hear our cries and pleas. Junior perked up after 1300 hrs.  Praise God.

3 August

4th August

5 August
Gave Junior 5 x 1/4 teaspoons ( 1 and 1/4 tsp of Flaxseed oil with double the low fat organic Kwark.  Junior looked well the whole day.  He started slow in the morning but by 4 pm he was fully energised.  However, around 9 pm he looked uncomfortable, as though he wanted to throw up.  Husband brought him out in case he needed to poop.  Junior just urined and no poop. 

So, it's 4 days now since he vomitted and I am glad. 

6th August
I am still going to give him a total of 1 1/4 teaspoons of oil today mixed with double the amount of kwark. Timings - 0900, 1200, 1500, 1800, 2100 hrs.
His food will be the same, meat and vegetables plus 3/4 capsule milk thistle and 1 turmeric capsule.
When I feel he looks comfortable or improves on his performance I will increase his flaxseed oil to a total of 1 1/2 teaspoon per day and give that for a few days.  My goal is to slowly increase his flaxseed oil to 2 1/4 teaspoons per day.


Junior took a turn for the worst exactly on Friday the 13th July.  That's when we realised that that brand of flaxseed oil we bought at the nature store was not working.  He threw up a few times before Friday the 13th.  But on this day, he vomitted and had the diarrhoea 5 times.  He was practically shooting liquid poop out and he was in pain.
So that evening Alex bought flaxseed oil capsules and I gave him 2 or 3 for starters.  It arrested the diarrhoea problem.  Slowly I increased the flaxseed oil amount but he threw up some times.  Right now he is on Jacob Hooy flaxseed oil and AH low far organic Kwark.  The last time he threw up was at 6 am 1st August.  It's now 6th August and Praise God he is doing good.

My boy is 8 yrs going on to 9 in October.  He is my best friend and I am not ready to let him go.  As long as he has no pain I am glad.  Each day we both pray over him and God has so far sustained him.

-------------------------
7 August
Junior has done extremely well today.  My boy.  Anyway, I increased his Flaxseed oil to a total of 1 1/2 teaspoon today.  That is half teaspoon of oil and 2 teaspoons of low fat organic Kwark.  I gave at 9 am, 4 pm and the last one at 8 pm.

His appetite is back and he is playing like a puppy.  Praise God.
------------------
8th August
Jay is doing well Praise God.  He is a miracle dog.  He had extraordinary energy today.  Alex brought him to the garden and I was told that he enjoyed tremendously.  Praise God.  All Glory be to God.

Flaxseed oil - 1 1/2 teaspoons total.

I will hold this amount for a week and then increase it to 2 teaspoons per day and hold it there for a week or two and finally increase it to 2 1/2 teaspoons per day.  That should be good for his weight.  Junior has lost alot of weight and I am slowly adding slightly more to his amount.  He eats cooked meat and vegetables (spinach, cabbage, cauliflower, brocolli, ginger, zuchinni (courgette), paprika (capsicum).
-------
15th August

Going excellent with our little dog.  I praise God with every cell in our body.
I need to increase his flaxseed oil till he reaches 2 teaspoons of oil per day .... I will slowly add the increase this week, perhaps 1/4 teaspoon.  Then next week another 1/4 extra and that will bring it to a total of 2 teaspoons per day.
Junior, our minipinscher dog is pooping good.

I must add that 1st August we discovered another 2 small tumors/lumps.  Total visible is now 4.  The one on his right paw and left paw have shrunk considerably.  Thank God.


25th August -- Junior threw up at 11 pm

 Junior threw up this evening (after 25 days of being well).  I think I must have fed him a wee bit too much.  He had his flaxseed oil and kwark at 9.20 pm.  Then by about 9.35 pm I called him to eat his dinner.  So maybe the two food came too close to each other.

We need to start monitoring him very closely now.  We continue to pray that Jesus will keep him safe.

----
26 August 2012
Junior threw up 4 times around mid day.  Around 1 pm I gave him 2 capsules of the flaxseed oil with 2 tsp of kwark (instead of the Jacob Hooy Flaxseed oil.)

He went out with his dad and according to dad he was behaving like a young pup.  He pooped a small amount but thick (no diarrhoea).

They came home and he came to the kitchen and I gave him his cooked food but he doesn't feel like eating it.  His father is cutting his red meat (beef) into small pieces to put into the freezer.  So Junior is very loyally sitting next to dad hoping some piece might fall to the floor.

My heart broke for a moment yesterday and I prayed that it was a one time thing.  But this noon when he threw up 4 times .... I felt shattered.  We both prayed over him.  We just got to trust that Jesus has everything in control, the good times and the bad times.  Our faith in God has grown over the months.  We rely on HIM for total strength in character.  When we are in our saddest period, that's when we actually feel God's comfort and consolation.  We continue to trust in God.  He is the maker of this life and everything in it.  Everything born has to someday die, including us and our doggie too.  I prayed before that God can take Junior when HE wants to.  I pray that the disease doesn't take him.

Junior seems to have sudden energy right now at 2 pm.  Perhaps it was yesterday's food.  Perhaps I didn't cook it too long. Perhaps I kept it too long in the fridge.  I cooked his 11 am food and the leftover he ate at 5 pm.  Perhaps it was too old.  I don't know.  Perhaps the Kwark was too old.  Last night was the 3rd day.  Every tub of kwark has to be used within 4 days.  Perhaps the Flaxseed oil was old (the bottle was nearly empty yesterday.  This morning I opened a new bottle.)

It tears the heartstrings.  But we got to stay positive and think positive.  We are praying that from now onwards he gets better.  No more vomitting episode. 

29th August
When I woke up in the morning I saw Junior sitting on the bed edge.  My heart sank.  So I quickly got dressed and brought him to the living room.  We slept on his bed.  Around 8.30 am I made flaxseed oil and kwark and gave him.  Did something in the kitchen and thought I would check on him and he was standing and looking like he was going to throw up.  My heart sank another time.  So, I brought him out for his walk and when he walk he gave one peep of pain sound.  I prayed.  Jesus please help this dog, my dog.  He managed to poop, once a thick amount and the next was quite wet.  I wasn't happy with the wet part.

Him peeping with pain brought back memories of all those times he was in pain.  I prayed even harder.

Thank God he was okay the whole day and didn't throw up.

Anyway, around lunch time I gave him 4 capsules of flaxseed oil from Vitotaal.  In between he had 2 times half teaspoon of FO (flaxseed oil) and kwark.  In the night I gave him 3 capsules of Vitotaal oil and kwark.

He slept that night and we had no issues.
-----

30th August
We went to the garden, Junior and us.  It rained.  *smile*.
0900 - 3 vitotaal capsules oil with kwark.
1145 hrs - breakfast.  (he was late this morning).
1230 hrs - 1/2 tsp of Jacob Hooi FO and kwark.
1430 hrs - his meal of vege and meat.
1630 hrs - 1/2 tsp of JH FO and kwark.
1800hrs - Dinner for J was meat and cauliflower and broccoli, cabbage.
2030 hrs - 3 capsules of Vitotaal FO and kwark.
2230 hrs - small dinner of meat, veg, tumeric

This evening, on the couch, I just ran my finger on one of the tumor that was on his left front paw and felt that the lump was slightly bigger.
Ran my finger to check the tumor that was on his right leg, near elbow, was still shrunk.  Am glad for that.

Just have to keep our faith and trust that our Lord is in control over every aspect of our lives, both in life and death.

I told Jesus that I was tired, really tired and HE flashed *I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me* ..... Suddenly, my mind felt alert.  Praise God.

Junior has been ill since year 2010 -- vomitting and constant diarrhoea.  Last year, 2011, he had bouts of diarrhoea and vomitting and each time the vet just gave medication.
This year, 2012, January 23, we brought him to the Vet and she felt that his liver was slightly bigger.  Send him for scanning and 2 tumors were found.  One in the liver and another near the beginning of his small intestine.

In March, after a month of FO and Kwark, we brought him for a checkup and the vet said that the liver felt suppel, flexible.

It's August now.  So, God has actually given him an extra 2 years.  2010 beginning of illness and now August 2012.  It's still a blessing that we still got our boy with us.

I am signing off now.  Am tired.  Going to rest.  

No comments:

Post a Comment