1st - 10th September 2012
Junior is doing well. He eats, plays, rests and poops normal. He is tired sometimes and I think that's normal for a dog in his situation and age. Since 1st August I have included 4 capsules of vitotaal brand of flaxseed oil everyday.
So he gets 1/2 teaspoon of Jacob Hooy Flaxseed oil and 2 teaspoons of Albert Heijn Organic low fat kwark, mixed together, 3 times a day (9 am, 1.30 pm, 4.30 pm).
At 8.30 pm he gets 4 capsules of Vitotaal flaxseed oil mixed with 2 teaspoons of AH Organic low fat kwark.
His meals are still mostly the same, vegetables and meat. He gets 1 egg on alternate days.
3/4 capsule of Milk Thistle and 1 capsule of turmeric.
Junior doesn't drink water since January. Why I don't know. So I give him slightly soupy meals. *smile*.
I love Junior and I bless him everyday. We still pray over him, laying our hands on him and praying that God will heal him. We actually thank God that He has healed him.
------------------------
15th September 2012
Junior is in some kind of pain. He yips or gives out a pain sound. It's about a week now. We thought that maybe he jumped from the couch and landed in a bad position and therefore he hurts. He peeps when we carry him up to bed and he wants to rush to the bed but something hurts and he yips.
This morning, we came back from shopping and he yipped with pain a few times, mostly when he lifts his body to reach the hubby. We don't know if it's his back, neck or leg. Or is it pain from cancer.???
All the visible cancer tumours look shrunk. So I don't know what is causing him this pain. Is it muscle pain or cancer pain.
Today, I burst into tears 2 times when I met someone I know. Just couldn't hold on. Just burst out tearing.
I pray my boy will recover soon. I pray my boy is not in pain. But when he does have more pain, yipping more times, then we have to consider the dreaded decision of putting him to sleep. I can't bear that. But his happiness is more important than ours. Junior, mama loves you. You made mommy happy for nearly 9 years. His birthday is on 19th October. He will be 9. We pray for more years to come with him, us all together. I have no children and he is my child, my baby.
------------------------
17th September
Brought Junior to the Vet. He hurt his right front paw, poor boy. He also has pain on his shoulder/neck area.
Gave him Moderin
18th September - 25 January 2012
Been giving Junior Moderin (methylprednisolone) and till yesterday, the swelling on his right paw seems to go down. But today around midday, he was limping again. So husband made an appointment with another Vet for tomorrow and we will know more. I pray my boy will recover soon from this.
Since Junior lost alot of weight, about 700 gms, and he is now 4 kg (8.8lbs), we decided to add some dog food for him. Alex bought a can of Hill's Recovery and a bag of Royal Canine Gastro Intestinal dry food. We gave him the RC yesterday and he was so happy eating that. We gave him just 50 gms. The rest of the day he had his normal meat and vegetables meal.
25 Sept
Today, I gave him the Hill's Recovery food ..... he ate happily but during his 6 pm walk, he had diarrhoea. So we will stop with Hill's Recovery. Perhaps give one can per month or so. Hopefully he adds on more weight since winter will soon come.
For the rest, he has been good, eating well, sleeping alot (because of the Moderin). We continue to pray daily for him that Jesus will give him an extension of life and that he be brought back home on the command of our Lord.
I read Psalms 34 today and feel very comforted.
------------
No comments:
Post a Comment